§1 Information about the collection of personal data
- In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU Basic Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is
Manfred Sauer Foundation
Phone +49 6226 960 250
fax +49 6226 960 2515
(see our imprint)
You can reach our data protection officer at
or by post with the addition "Data protection".
When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide us with (your e-mail address, possibly your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this connection after the storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing if there are legal storage obligations.
Should health data be required for optimal consultation, you consent to our processing the information provided to the extent necessary to answer questions and provide recommendations. (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO)
- If we wish to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes. We will also specify the criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
- You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
• Right to information,
• Right to rectification or deletion,
• Right to limit the processing,
• Right to object to the processing,
• Right to data transferability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
• IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Contents of the request (concrete page)
• Access status/HTTP status code
• amount of data transferred in each case
• Website from which the request originates
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
• Transient Cookies (see b)
• Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you are using and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
§4 Further functions and offers on our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. As a rule, you must provide further personal data for this purpose, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
- Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you enter your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
- If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
- As far as we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is in particular not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the case of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
- You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection under the above mentioned contact data.
§ 6 Web Analytics and other media
Use of Piwik (since January 2018: Matomo)
- This website uses the web analysis service Piwik, if you have activated it, in order to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Piwik is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
- For this evaluation, cookies (more detailed in § 3) are stored on your computer. The information collected in this way is stored exclusively on the responsible person's server. You can adjust the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use this website to its full extent. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible by the setting in your browser. It is possible to prevent the use of Piwik by removing the tick in the checkbox at the end of this section and thus activating the opt-out plug-in.
- This website uses Piwik with the extension "AnonymizeIP". This means that IP addresses are shortened for further processing and direct personal references can be excluded. The IP address transmitted by your browser via Piwik is not merged with other data collected by us.
- The Piwik program is an open source project. Information from the third party provider on data protection can be found at http://piwik.org/privacy/policy.
- We have included YouTube videos in our online offering that are stored at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all integrated in the "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.]
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or the design of its website to meet your needs. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletters with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are named in the declaration of consent / order form.
- For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration, your information will be blocked and deleted after a maximum of 90 days. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration in order to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
- Only your e-mail address is required for sending the newsletter. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used in order to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO.4.
- You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can withdraw your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to info(a)msstiftung.de or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
- We use rapidmail to send our newsletter. Your data will therefore be transmitted to rapidmail GmbH. It is prohibited for rapidmail GmbH to use your data for purposes other than sending the newsletter. rapidmail GmbH is not permitted to pass on or sell your data. rapidmail is a German, certified newsletter software provider which has been carefully selected in accordance with the requirements of the DSGVO and the BDSG.